A heartfelt tale of inspiration, hope and redemption, Letters to God is the story of what happens when one boy’s walk of faith crosses paths with one man’s search for meaning—the resulting transformational journey touches the lives of everyone around them. The movie will be released on 9th April 2010 worldwide. The soundtrack to Letters to God compliments the film’s inspirational and uplifting message.
Tyler Doherty (TANNER MAGUIRE) is an extraordinary eight-year-old boy. Surrounded by a loving family and community, and armed with the courage of his faith, he faces his daily battle against cancer with bravery and grace. To Tyler, God is a friend, a teacher and the ultimate pen pal—Tyler’s prayers take the form of letters, which he composes and mails on a daily basis.
The letters find their way into the hands of Brady McDaniels (JEFFREY S.S. JOHNSON), a beleaguered postman standing at a crossroads in his life. At first, he is confused and conflicted over what to do with the letters. Overtime he begins to form a friendship with the Doherty family – getting to know not just Tyler but his tough, tender yet overwhelmed mom (ROBYN LIVELY), stalwart grandmother (MAREE CHATHAM) and teen brother Ben (MICHAEL CHRISTOPHER BOLTEN) — who are each trying to stand strong against the doubts that come with the chaotic turn their lives have taken.
Moved by Tyler’s courage, Brady realizes what he must do with the letters, a surprise decision that will transform his heart and uplift his newfound friends and community –in an exhilarating act of testament to the contagious effect of one boy’s unwavering faith against the odds.
Inspired by a true story, Letters to God is an intimate, moving and often funny story about the galvanizing effect one child’s belief can have on his family, friends and community.
Music of Letters to God
The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack for Letters to God is a 2 disc collection of works consisting of original songs and score, much of which is featured in the heart-felt film. Included in the soundtrack are melodic pop-rock favorites Jeremy Camp, Between The Trees, and Dishwalla singer J.R. Richards. Singer-songwriters Aaron Barnhart, Ann Marie Boskovich, and Matthew West, all contribute beautiful tracks. Country fans also have something to be happy about with the inclusion of artists like Warren Brothers and Due West.
Letters to God: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack track listing
1. Letters to God – Main Title (Original Score) Colin O’Malley
2. Dear Mr. God – Warren Brothers
3. A Beautiful End – J.R. Richards
4. Tyler’s Letters – (Original Score) Colin O’Malley
5. Have You Met Jesus – ReGeneration
6. Everything is Beautiful – Anne Marie Boskovich
7. You Give Me Hope (acoustic) – Ryan Kirkland
8. Hope Now – Addison Road
9. Letters on the Altar – (Original Score) Colin O’Malley
10. Throw Me A Line – Michael Gleason
11. The Water’s Edge – Aaron Barnhart
12. The Great Daduska – (Original Score) Colin O’Malley
1. Hold Out Your Hands – (Original Score) Colin O’Malley
2. We Can Try – Between The Trees
3. Bracelet – (Original Score) Colin O’Malley
4. Amazing Grace – Wintley Phipps
5. You Are Everything – Matthew West
6. Take A Little Time – Jeremy Camp
7. Come Around – Stars Go Dim
8. He Is Alive – Paul Colman
9. You Give Me Hope – Between The Trees
10. We Need Each Other – Sanctus Real
11. Everything Is Beautiful – Due West
Letters to God: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack hits stores on March 30th
The film opens on April 9ththrough Vivendi Entertainment.