Click the above link to download “A Different Approach to Fasting” slideshow (2.58 MB)
A different approach to Fasting
Here are suggestions you may want to consider.
1. Fasts have a tendency to be oriented toward things like giving up food or television. But there are many other creative ways we can welcome Jesus’s healing touch.
2. Fast from anger and hatred. Give your family an extra dose of love each day.
3. Fast from judging others. Before making any judgments, recall how Jesus overlooks our faults.
4. Fast from discouragement. Hold on to Jesus’ promise that He has a perfect plan for your life.
5. Fast from complaining. When you find yourself about to complain, close your eyes and recall some of the little moments of joy Jesus has given you.
6. Fast from resentment or bitterness. Work on forgiving those who may have hurt you.
7. Fast from spending too much money. Try to reduce your spending by ten percent and give those savings to the poor.
8. Spend extra time for personal prayers.
9. Please forward this to as many as possible and surely, you will be blessed abundantly.
Wishing you all Peace, Love, and Happiness during Lent.