Do you know the story of Amnon and Tamar in the Holy Bible? If not, please read 2 SAMUEL 13:1-39. It’s a story of lust and incest love and how it negatively affects the people involved.
Amnon and Tamar
Here is the story in short.
- Amnon gets physically attracted towards his step sister Tamar
- Waits for the right time to seduce her
- Inspite of Tamar’s reasoning out of this stupid act, she falls victim because of her weaker gender
- After the event, Amnon begins to hate her as much as he loved her
2 Samuel 13:15
Then Amnon hated her with
very great hatred;
so that the hatred
with which he hated her
was greater than the love
with which he had loved her.
And Amnon said to her,
“Arise, be gone.”
Consequences of Premarital Relationships
1. Love turns to hate. Lust that fades and perishes.
2. Become desolate, lonely. “So Tamar dwelt, desolate woman” [2 Samuel 13:20]
3. Hatred and vengeance sets in. Tamar’s brother Absalom kills Amnon.
4. At times marriages end in Divorce and hatred because only lust had bound the couple and that fades fast after physical relationship.
5. Marriage is a covenant, commitment, sacrament uniting 2 and only 2 souls by the love of God.
6. It is not Wedding but ‘WELDING’ by the fire of the Holy spirit, by God himself, until death.
Caution To All Christians
When we are cornered and forced to seduction, one should not waste time reasoning, but just FLEE AWAY as Joseph did when Potiphar’s wife forced him.
“she caught him by his garment,
saying, “Lie with me.”
But he left his garment in her hand,
and fled and got out of the house.”
Never succumb to the weakness of flesh for our body is the temple of the Holy spirit. Keep your body sacred.
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” [1 Corinthians 6:19-20]
“If anyone destroys Godâ€™s temple, God will destroy that person; for Godâ€™s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.” [1 Corinthians 3:17]
– – – written by Cecilia Francis