1. Thou shalt be happy
2. Thou shalt use thy talents to make others glad.
3. Thou shalt rise above defeat and trouble.
4. Thou shalt look upon each day as a new day.
5. Thou shalt always do thy best and leave the rest to God.
6. Thou shalt not waste thy time and energy in useless worry.
7. Thou shalt look only on the bright side of life.
8. Thou shalt not be afraid of tomorrow.
9. Thou shalt have a kind word and a kind deed for everyone.
10. Thou shalt say each morning — I am a child of God and nothing can hurt me.
About the Author : Helen Steiner Rice
Helen Steiner Rice (1900-1981) – – – The writings of Helen Steiner Rice, who is often referred to as the “poet laureate of inspirational verse”, have been a source of comfort and inspiration to millions of people throughout the world.Â These personal commandments of Helen Steiner Rice, given above, emphasized optimism.We recommend all of you to readÂ The Poems and Prayers of Helen Steiner Rice which has all the poems by Helen Steiner Rice compiled by Virginia J. Ruehlmann.