Happy New Year 2022 to all of you. We hope the Christmas and New Year eve was well spent by each one of you.
Looking back into the previous year
On this new year eve, it is quite natural for us to take a step back and think about all the major happenings in our lives in the previous year. Did you get a chance to ponder on these below points when you do a quick flashback on the just-completed year?
- Did the previous year bring you closer to our dear GOD or did you drift away from HIM?
- How many times you got that chance to be the Good Samaritan last year?
- Were you able to create many more beautiful memories with your family members last year?
- From an academic or professional standpoint, how good or bad was the last year for you?
- Did you try to venture out of your comfort zone and learn about something new in a new area or field?
- Did you make more friends last year or did you actually lose some of those friendships?
- On how many faces did you bring joy last year by helping them in ANY way?
- How many books did you read in the last year? How many of them touched you so deep?
Preparing for the next year
Are you one among those who constantly take up new year resolutions? If so, do you succeed in keeping them? Personally, I am not a big fan of new year resolutions. Change – a personal change – in my view shouldn’t wait for a new year eve to get implemented. If we have to look at some common improvement decisions we Christians make in our lives for the next year, what will be those? Let us take a look.
- Increase our daily personal prayer time by at least 15min or 30min
- Attend Holy Mass each single day
- Find new and more effective ways to help others who really deserve it
- Read at least two spiritual books each month in the next year
- Find ways to spend at least 1 hour more daily with our family members (no mobile phone)
- Use the TIME our Creator has given us more fruitfully and in better ways (no gossiping)
Some articles to read in this New Year phase
- New Year Prayer
- New Year Resolutions
- Sailing Into New Year
- Prayer for New Year
- New Year Recipe
- Time For New Year Resolutions
- 10 Positive Predictions For New Year
- Slideshow : On The Eve of New Year