1. I will always love and respect my child for who she is and not who I want her to be.
2. I will give my child space-to grow, to dream, to succeed and even sometimes to fail.
3. I will create a loving home environment and show my child that she is loved, whenever and however I can.
4. I will, when discipline is necessary, let my child know that I disapprove of what she does, not who she is.
5. I will set limits for my child and help her find security in the knowledge of what is expected of her.
6. I will make time for my child and cherish our moments together, realizing how important-and fleeting-they are.
7. I will not burden my child with emotions and problems she is not equipped to deal with, remembering that I am the parent and she is the child.
8. I will encourage my child to experience the world and all it’s possibilities, guiding her in it’s ways and taking pains to leave her careful but not fearful.
9. I will take care of myself physically and emotionally, so that I can be there for my child when she needs me.
10. I will try to be the kind of person I want my child to grow up to be-loving, fair minded, moral, giving, and hopeful.